Saturday 5 March 2016

Brows.ing Everywhere : How good is the Burberry Effortless Eyebrow Definer?



This might be a Burberry weekend around here as we have two Burberry reviews back to back! Hello, welcome back everyone. I am so sorry I haven't been posting as much as I'd like, but I am in the midst of producing drawings for my team, and we are quite a small team producing hundreds and hundreds of measured drawings for a temple along Leboh Pudu, Central Market. If you're a KL-lite, you should spend some time strolling around there in the mornings. It's oddly quite charming. Do I ever stop rambling before every review? I think not :D hahaha. Since there's that, I have taken this opportunity to decide that I will post every Wednesday and Saturday, if not more frequently - I'll post on my Instagram anyway.

Brows are a thing right now and everyone who plucked their brows into nothingness are regretting it hence the market is so damn saturated with brow growth products, lash conditioners - it's absolutely mental. Burberry decided to join the bandwagon and came up with the Effortless Eyebrow Definer, in total of 5 different shades - you can check it out here , and the one that I've purchased was in Sepia No. 02. So let's see whether it's a good brow pencil or not.


Price, Packaging and Amount




As per usual, it comes in the classic Burberry box, and do you guys keep these boxes? I hoard them, cause it's too pretty to throw out?? I have a drawer full of Chanel, Marc Jacobs boxes and whatnot. For this automatic, twist up brow definer, Burberry is charging MYR105 for one. I will, almost all the time, mention that a Marc Jacobs lipstick costs MYR100 so this pencil is quite expensive. Again, almost all of Burberry's products are overpriced since they fall under the high end category. You get a good brow brush on the other end, 0.25g of product. The nip of the definer has a triangulated shape  and is flat on the sides, giving you the option of creating various line weights as you go along, I find myself using the wide top of the definer to create thicker hairs for the outline of my brows, and the fine edge to create little hair-like strokes in between the brows. The caps on the pencils are quite sturdy so I can just toss this in my bag, worry-free. The packaging again is too sleek. Too damn sleek. I'm a sucker for packaging. Always. Haha.


Colour & Pigmentation




Sepia No.02 has a nice cool undertone, which is what I always look for in a brow pencil, when I picked out this pencil, I swatched it next to Moonshot's Brow Pencil, Burberry's Ash Brown No.03 and tons and tons of pencils, and Sepia No.02 has the ashiest colour and very little warmth to it. Which is what I prefer. It's a nice cool toned brown with grey undertones to it. I think this looks very pretty on dark-haired girls because it gives a softer look to the face, yet still dark enough to define the brows. As you can see from the swatches, you can really get your money's worth from the shape of the pencil itself as you can create the finest lines to thicker ones, depending on your preference and brow style. It's a really easy colour to pull off, too if you're not too good with brows because despite it being pigmented, the colour itself makes it impossible to screw up.


Texture, Finish & Pigmentation



The Effortless Eyebrow Definer has a very, waxy texture which allows you to skip the brow gel entirely. With just the brow pencil, my brows stays in place for the whole day. I don't think this has been marketed as waterproof but it might as well be. It is easy to apply not just from the shape of the pencil itself, but the pencil actually sets to a powder so if you have created any harsh lines, blend away with your fingers and brush your brows into place. I did need some time to get a hang of it, because I'm so used to Clinique's Superfine Liner for Brows, which is more creamy and has a fine point tip, but I actually love the effect that the Burberry pencil gives, in comparison. I am not sure if the difference shows up on camera, but I've used the Clinique pencil in all my blog posts previously, so you can check that out. Since it's a pencil, of course it has a matte finish but dare I say that it has a soft focus effect? It might be just because of the colour itself but my brows look so good, I can't believe my eyes.



The Effortless Eyebrow Definer did give my brows a much fuller look, and the way I use it is by creating little strokes on the lower outline on my brows, giving it a straighter edge and just massaging the pencil in any empty gaps in between the brows, especially the arch and use the fine tip to elongate the brow further. Then I fill in the front of my brows, as my brows are a bit too far apart, and blend any harsh edges in the front. It took me a while to like this, because I honestly had kept my receipt to return it, but as I used it more and more, I loved the effect this gives me. I've bought this on Valentine's Day, and been using this everyday ever since. Again, good job Burberry!



Burberry is available off Burberry.com , free shipping.

FARAH x



Makeup Worn in Photo

Eyes

Burberry Effortless Eyebrow Definer in Sepia No.02
Catrice Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder in 020 Deep Bronze
Catrice Defining Blush in 090 Mandy-Rine
Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Noir

Face

RMK Super Basic Concealer in 02
Diorskin Star Concealer in 020
Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder in 20 Clair
Catrice Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder in 020 Deep Bronze
Catrice Defining Blush in 090 Mandy-Rine
Burberry Natural Light Glow in Earthy Blush No.07

Lips

Chanel Precision Lip Definer in 34 Natural
NARS x Steven Klein Killer Shine Lipstick in Besame Mucho

Brushes

Catrice Professional Kabuki Brush
Bobbi Brown Blush Brush
Real Techniques Contour Brush
Real Techniques Detailer Brush
M.A.C. 217 Brush
RMK Eyelash Curler

2 comments: