Sunday 14 February 2016

Date Night Make Up Look


It's V-DAY guys. How's your Valentine's Day going so far?? For today (or rather tonight), I was inspired to create a makeup look with a lot of earthy burgundies and charcoal greys, as opposed to the typical blushed nudes and golds for a date night. This isn't the normal amount of makeup I usually wear, but it's just a lil' sumthin' sumthin' just for the fun of it. Why buy it if you ain't gonna use it, right? So, if you're feeling inspired to go through your makeup stash, and you're interested to recreate this look, keep on reading! 

Straight to the deets. *this is not your typical no makeup makeup, you have been warned*

No brows on for tonight simply because I ran out of my trusty Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows (Which was used in most previous posts makeup looks. I alternate between this or the Chanel Brun CendrĂ©). But tadi I just bought a new one, I didn't repurchase the Clinique pencil this time. I was eyeing the Burberry Pencil so I've decided to pick that one up instead. Can't wait to try it! If you're itching to fill in the brows, for me, if you're gonna do a smokey eye, don't fill it in too harshly, know what I'm saying? Keep it light, or if you still prefer a full filled-in brow, use a lighter colour than your natural hair. Just my personal preference. Moving on. 

I first started with a transition colour blended softly into the crease using The Balm's Bahama Mama (cool toned taupe) and Inglot's M312 (light coral). And then I've deepened the colour further with Revlon's Wine Not. And Wine Not isn't actually a shadow, it's actually a beautiful soft purple blush. Then I added Chanel Le Crayon Kohl Rouge Noir on the whole lid and blend it up and out towards the crease. Because I was in the mood, I actually added a Seventeen Khol Pencil in F080 (medium teal) mixed with a white Make Up For Ever's Khol Pencil which created the complex grey tone on the lids. I know, what kind of mood was that? I've basically used 3 different liners in this look. Of course you can suit this to your personal mood, and tone for colours, but basic rule of thumb is picking a fairly light-medium neutral for your transition colour, a good blending brush, and a pop of colour, and you're good to go.

For the next step I've used Urban Decay's Booty Call on the inner corners of the eyes and packed on The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer on the centre of the lids which further lighten the grey tones. Lastly, I've done up a small winged liner with Maybelline's Studio Gel Liner (it's the bomb dot com btw. So, so good. The only liner I have and need) (did I say 3 liners already? Well, fine it's 4 liners). And for this, really get it as close to the lash line as possible, cause a thick liner is just not what this look is about. Again, I just feel like we need to strike a balance between all the smoked out eyeshadow with a thin, fine liner. Afterwards, I curled my lashes with the RMK eyelash curler. Mascara used is still Chanel's Inimitable. Lol is it time to replace my mascara already? Maybe hahahaha. 

For the base, I took the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl and concentrated it at the highest points of my face, and blended it softly, thinning the product outwards. And I've actually used this all over the body as well, and I can see the shimmers all over my hands, but I cannot see it on my face? That was tripping me out hahahaha (A side note : Becca's Pearl is great on medium skin tones as well, I don't find it showing up grey on my face. I personally do not like a gold-toned highlight that Opal/Moonstone offers, so if you're in the look-out for a highlight that brightens up the face, go for pearl). After that I took a primer on the centre of my face, where I have a lot of redness just to tone it down a bit. Then I cleaned up the under-eye area and sharpened the eye shadow with my Diorskin Star Concealer in 02 and baked the concealer with Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder (Yo, I was really feeling it, I told ya'll). Then I applied the transition colours and added mascara on the lower lashes to complete the eyes.

As far as contouring goes, I've used Burberry's Light Glow Natural Blush in Earthy No.07 to sculpt the cheekbones, the jawline and dust it around the forehead and temples - basically everywhere right, honey. Aiman took a photo of my side profile last night and I wasn't having it. That photo was asking me what jawline, Farah? Where is your neck?? Naturally I forced him to delete it and naturally it's still in his phone. You wait.. Anyway, I've used my Inglot blush in #28 and added the Mary-Lou Manizer at the highest points of my face, basically wherever I've used the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector just to top it all off. I mean, we were heading to a crowded place tonight so I need him to be able to spot me from Venus thanks to my highlight. You're welcome. 

Because I was really feeling it, I've used my By Terry Plumping Curve & Contour Definer in Perfect Nude and the Rouge Terrybly in Terrybly Nude (reviewed here, comprehensively, I got your back) so that's basically one lip combo that makes my bank account cry on the inside. So that is it! That was my V-Day makeup for the night. Of course these photos were taken after going out, and I was pleasantly surprised that the makeup was long-lasting, especially the eye makeup. What did you wear out today? Let's chat about it! Thank you for hanging out with me today, and Happy Valentine's Day! 



(change of outfit, and I've topped off the lipstick to show the lip pairings)

(without flash, and focusing on my AutoCAD drawings lol)


Okay, now that's finally it. Goodnight x 

2 comments:

  1. You should do a hair tutorial,spice things up a bit. Oh ,and also do pharmacy drugstore brands vs high end ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great ideas! I have a drugstore haul that I have been enjoying for the past month. Will be posting reviews up by next week alongside a Burberry review :)

      Delete